Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 1: Jan 1 through Jan 5

I run my weeks Monday through Sunday, as my long run is usually on Sunday.

January 1: Happy New Year
3.5 miles - 1/2 mile to the track, workout: 400m, 600m, 800m, 600m, 400m, 2x200m with 100m recovery in between each interval. 1/2 mile home

January 2: Paleo Lifestyle Begins
Active rest day. Shopping, meal prep, and cooking a bunch of meals.

January 3: Let the withdrawal symptoms begin.
Ate well, but got slammed with a headache in the mid-afternoon that I couldn't shake until bed. Didn't run, as planned, but didn't give in to the sugar/carb cravings. Lots of water and a delicious dinner of Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin, sweet potatoes and broccoli.

January 4: The Long Run
8.2 miles - Set out to run at least 6 miles, but was really hoping for 8. (Mostly because if I hit 8 I'd be done for the weekend, but if I only got 6 in today, I'd have to run again tomorrow.) Enjoyed the run, save for the last mile. Also enjoyed a healthy lunch with my kids at Texas Road House. I resisted the temptation to snag even one of their french fries. And I simply asked the waitress not to bring bread to the table. I had a steak, steamed veggies and sweet potato.

January 5: Recovery Day
No run today, no real exercise, a true Rest Day. Ate really well today, not much snacking, which is how I know my body is adjusting. No headache, good water intake. Even managed to resist the donuts/bagels/apple fritters at church.

5 days down, 11.7 miles ran, and I'm feeling pretty darn good about these decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment