Thursday, January 2, 2014

Rebecca's Paleo Plan for January

You've probably heard that the Paleo lifestyle is meant to emulate what the cavemen ate. That is utterly impossible, as foods have changed, but going back to an unprocessed, simpler way of eating is practical. Meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, healthy fats. (Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Paleo/Primal works for me, it may not work for you. Decide on your own.) I like the Paleo/Whole 30 way of eating as its simple. I prepare the foods, I stock my house with whole, natural foods and then I eat. No counting calories, no weighing food, just eating when I'm hungry and eating only good food. I did this for 10 days in July and felt great. I wasn't hungry, wasn't snacking, wasn't craving anything.

So I pick my meals, shop, prep, and prepare my crockpot. For me this means:

  • no breads, pastas, rice
  • no sweets, no regular desserts
  • no alcohol
  • minimal amounts of dairy
I started a group on Facebook for extra support and to share ideas. I'm really excited about this eating plan. I have the support of my awesome husband and I know I will succeed. My goal is to lose 10 pounds in January. I truly think this can happen if I just stick to it.


1 comment:

  1. I agree. Pre-processed man is more attainable for most.

    ReplyDelete