Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: The Year of Consistency

I've been running for almost 4 years. I've been lifting and participating in CrossFit for over 6 months. I've dieted most of my adult life. What I have been severely lacking in consistency. I have decided this is the key to my success. So in 2014, I strive to achieve consistency. So, I am kicking off 2014 like so many others, with big plans.

Food
Simply, I am going to eat healthy 90% of the time. Now, I know myself, and if I say 90% of the time from the beginning, I'll fail. So I will not give myself that out. From Jan 2nd to Feb 14th, I will be strictly eating foods that fit in my version of Paleo. I include almond milk, peanut butter, and a tiny bit of cheese in my definition of Paleo.

Running
I love to run. I love to hate to run as well. But I've rediscovered my love for it by simply enjoying it. I am setting a goal of 600 miles this year. (Doubling 2013 miles.) And more specifically, I want to run 50 miles per month. I have several races planned to help me stay in the groove. I'm basically aiming for 12-13 miles per week, with 3-4 runs each week, depending on my work schedule.

Lifting
I have really enjoyed learning about strength training and incorporating CrossFit into my life. As I come back from a shoulder injury, I hope to improve overall in my CrossFit Skills. Specifically, I want to work on doing a pull-up, increase my push-ups and sit-ups, raise my box jump comfortably to 20" and master the ring dip. I want to add at least 25# to each of my 1 rep max. Except for deadlift, where I want to hit 275#. (I'm currently at 245#.)

I know that all three of these things will work hand in hand to make me stronger, faster, and healthier. And that is the ultimate goal for 2014. Follow my journey here as I take the big steps necessary to make my life healthier and happier.
With CrossFit friends at the Bisbee 1000
October 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment