Monday, January 20, 2014

Meal Prep: Breakfast

Healthy eating can be easy, if you prepare in advance. It starts with meal planning, then shopping, then some preparation. Sometimes I cook in advance, sometimes I cook parts, sometimes I just assemble. This afternoon, I prepared some breakfast ham and egg cups.

Ham & Egg Cups
9 thick slices of ham
6 eggs
cherry tomatoes

1. Spray a muffin tin pan. Place the ham in the tins like you would cupcake liners.

2. Prepare eggs as you would to scramble them. (To keep this paleo, I use water instead of milk.) I also added onion and garlic powder, salt & pepper, sometimes taco seasoning.
3. Pour egg mixture evenly into ham cups.
4. Add one cherry tomato per cup. Or add diced veggies, or cheese, or nothing.

5. Bake at 375 until the egg is set.

I let them cool (and they popped right out of the tin!) and then refrigerated them in Tupperware. They are all ready for a quick pop in the microwave and then breakfast will be served!






No comments:

Post a Comment