Friday, May 8, 2015

Military Spouses


Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day and with it come stories of amazing military spouses who do wonderful things for their communities. It is also when the Military Spouse of the Year is announced. I recently read this blog post on military spouses. there are so many different ways military spouses support our Service Members, spouses, families and communities. I think the bigger impact comes in the ways we support each other. Some of my best memories from the past 8 years involve my fellow military spouses:

Like the time you took me to the OB because my husband was deployed. And to the hospital when I was in pre-term labor.

Or the time you brought me dinner or cooked for me because I was so tired, sick, pregnant, stressed.

Or when you dragged me out of the house to experience Europe.

And the time we got lost because I refused to use the GPS.


And the many times we stayed up until midnight crafting and talking.

Or when we decided to cook two weeks worth of meals together to save time later on.

When I cried on your shoulder because I didn’t want you to move.

When you called in tears over deployment orders, again.

And when I needed to borrow a dress for the dining out, or a sweater for work.

Thank you ...

For loving my kids like they are your own.

For telling me to suck it up when I needed to hear it.

For answering the phone no matter what time it is and coming over to help.

For understanding the random emotional outbursts.

For packing up my stuff when I was too distraught to do it.

For sharing your family time with my family.

For the open invitation to holiday meals.

For not letting distance, time zones, months, or even years get in the way of our friendship.

And for so much more. I can’t even scratch the surface of the way you have opened your arms to me each and every time we move. We aren’t friends, we are family. I am so lucky to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment