Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Long Run

Last night I was pondering how long to run on Sunday. I talked to my fabulous sister (with whom I am running the Zooma Half-Marathon in August in Chicago) last night. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'm debating my run tomorrow.
Maggie: Whether to run, or how long to run?
Me: How long to run, the run itself isn't a question.
Maggie: Yup, I figured.

This morning I logged onto Facebook and saw this picture. It sums up my though process last night.
Really, the question is: HOW FAR TO RUN?
So, after checking CrossFit Endurance's plan for me today. Which was another 10 mile run! And deciding that just wasn't feasible time wise. (After all, that's the whole reason I'm not training for a half right now, it takes up too much time.) I settled on running the 10k route for next weekend. And since it starts less than 1 mile from my house, I ran to the start, ran the 10k route, and ran home. 7.5 miles total. Included in that route is a monstrous hill, Heritage Hill. No, I'm not joking, ask anyone who has huffed up it. But that is in the first 2-3 miles. Then its pretty much all downhill. Negative splits are practically guaranteed.

This week should have a few milestones in it. I'll hit 26.2 miles and earn my medal for a virtual race and I'll hopefully! PR on my 10k this weekend.

January Total: 21.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment