Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CrossFit Total

Simply put the CrossFit Total is a great tool of measurement on strength. It combines the weights on three lifts: strict press, back squat, and deadlift. My box did this as a WOD today and I am so bummed I'm not able to do all of this due to my shoulder. It did, however, get me thinking on some long-term CrossFit Goals.

Currently (and the last time I tested these maxes) I'm at: 525 total.
Strict Press - 65# (its been months and I KNOW with a healthy shoulder I can do more)
Back Squat - 215#
Deadlift - 235#

I'm really hoping to hit 750# this year. I know those are big numbers, but I figure Go Big, or Go Home!

So until I can get back into the real scheme of all things CrossFit, I plan to work my deadlift and back squat in the 5-3-1 method. After a month of that (and some physical therapy) I hope to be on my way to that big number!

No comments:

Post a Comment