Thursday, August 6, 2015

'Twas the First Day of School

"Mom! We're ready!" is what I woke up to this morning at 6:15. Two kids, dressed with their backpacks on. I calmly explained that we weren't really ready yet and they should relax for awhile. After two breakfasts, wardrobe adjustments, hair brushing, and lunch making, we were ready. Off we went.


I made them take pictures, despite some grumbling. Then I made them walk. And then, gasp, I left them. I didn't walk them all the way to their playgrounds to find their teachers. I sent them off. They did just fine.

I picked them up and we walked home and learned the cross walk rules from the crossing guard. Then I started getting snippets of their day.

Did you know the crossing guard is also the playground monitor? ~Abigail

We only did like 3 worksheets. ~Declan

And then we did a scavenger hunt. And found the best room ever.....the cafeteria. ~Abigail

Our class was the only one who could figure out how to walk appropriately in the hallway. ~Declan

We were lazy, we only colored. No real work. ~Abigail

I'm ready for library! ~Declan





No comments:

Post a Comment