Thursday, June 11, 2015

Robert Frost Was Right

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the road less traveled. And that has made all the difference. ~ Robert Frost

Almost nine years ago, I felt like I was taking the road less traveled. I hopped on a plane and flew cross country to see a boy. A boy I had met six weeks prior and with whom I had fallen head over heels in love. I made that cross-country trip two more times in the next few months and that Christmas we were married. Since then, I've traveled throughout the world. Usually without him, to go visit family while stationed far away. Occasionally (ok maybe twice) with him and our two kids on a vacation.

Today I travel cross-country again. On a road that has been traveled many times. I am flying to see my love. After (only) 8 weeks apart, I am making the trip to see him and bring him home to my kids. And while many would not have made the trip, opting to save some money and wait the extra 3 days until he flies back home, I simply could not. I couldn't imagine letting an opportunity like this pass me by. So while in this army life, we take many roads, some frequently traveled, some not, I'm choosing my own path.

And that has made all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment