Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The first day is always the easiest

Isn't that the truth?! Well, I prepped yesterday and this morning to make the first few days easier on me. I'm working full-time this week and that means quick dinners and pre-packaged lunches are necessary. I am following Our Paleo Life's Whole 30 Meal Plan for Week 1.

The only thing I am not sacrificing is my coffee. Call me names all you want, but I can do Whole 30 while having one cup two cups of coffee with creamer. And I will.

So I had breakfast mid-morning with Abigail. She had grapes with her eggs instead of avocados. I had a good chicken salad for lunch (I was too hungry to take a picture). It had grapes, apples, bacon, and veggies.
I had some sweet potato fries for snack this afternoon.


Dinner was amazing! I had prepped the veggies for the Minestrone Soup the day before and they cooked in the crock pot for about 6 hours before I added the sausage. Which then cooked for another two hours. It smelled so good! Declan had two bowls. Steven and I packed some up for lunch tomorrow as well. Day one of the Whole 30 went well.

Coincidentally, today was de-clutter your fridge day. Luckily I had started his project Saturday when I first went food shopping, because I wouldn't have been able to fit all the produce and meat in my fridge for this week. So, I checked the freezer for things that should be tossed and called it a good day.

I hope tomorrow is just as easy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment