Saturday, February 22, 2014

Race Report: Sentinel Pursuit 8k

I'm in the light purple, in the front of this pack.
I have been in a running rut since the Spartan Race, but I had already signed up for this race, so off I went this morning. The 8k distance is equivalent to
4.97 miles. I ran this race last year and knew the route and was not worried about finishing, but I wanted to go faster than last year. And .... I did!

I started off with a 10:53 first mile and then sailed through the second mile without any walk breaks. (This is HUGE!) I set a personal best on my 5k throughout this race, hitting 35 minutes even. I finished the race in 57:31, over 3 minutes faster than last year. I was very, very pleased.

I really think this was the push I needed to get back in the game. I'm not going to hit 50 miles in February, but I will be trying again in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment