Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Excuses or Opportunities?

Excuses are hard to talk about. They are hard to admit and even harder to overcome. Excuses surround our life and they are constantly In our way. A few of my life business building excuses are:
·         I don’t know how to do this.
·         I don’t want to be “that” person.
·         I’m not sure I can do this.
·         Do I want to make the time?

As I think about these excuses, I realize that these four excuses surround almost everything I do. From being  a parent, to working full-time, to training for Ragnar, to building a business. Sometimes things just fall into my lap and they work out. Such was Young Living. I intended to try oils and see what happened. I liked them. I wanted to try more. I want to share. Here I am. Last month I got a check for sharing that was about $300. For sharing, for not working very hard, for spreading my good news about Young Living Oils.

I like to share how the oils help in my life. I like to use them around other people. I like to diffuse them whenever I have people over. Yes, I use peppermint for my headaches. I put lemon, lavender, and peppermint on my kids when the wind blows allergens around. I diffuse cedarwood when I sleep. But the real success stories come from the things I least expect. When I use Grow and Friends together at an event and make a new friend. When I use Faith on my wrists at church and feel my faith grow. When I am able to use oils to make someone feel better, sometimes physically (TummyGize on my son) or emotionally (Stress Away on a stressed friend).


When I think about the excuses I have, I try to remind myself of the times I’ve overcome them. When I found a way to train for my Ragnar Race despite working full-time. The way that my husband was able to support me in that 100%. The way the weather held and there was always a safe place for me to run. The way my teammates all came together to complete the goal. And I know I can do it again. In whatever I set out to do. 

I'm choosing to transform excuses into opportunities. To take these 'weaknesses' and make them into strengths. To learn how to do something, and to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment